The Mr. found this recipe on Food.com a couple years ago, and since then it's been our go-to appetizer. Friends and family ooh and aah, first over its looks, and then over the taste. Seriously, you must try it.
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (optional)
- Sliced jalapenos (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
Sprinkle bottom of greased 9-inch springform pan with cornmeal; set aside. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the taco seasoning, sour cream and salsa. Stir in the eggs, pepper jack cheese and chilies. Pour over cornmeal.
Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. (Note: Top of cheesecake may crack.) Refrigerate overnight.
Remove sides of pan. Spread sour cream over top and sides of cheesecake. Based on your preference or what you have on hand, arrange some combination of tomatoes, jalapenos, green onions and black olives on top.
Serve with tortilla chips (preferably scoops).