Unfortunately we didn't get home from the competition (which was over 2 hours away) until 2am Sunday morning, so after a few hours sleep, the three of us spent the whole day Sunday lounging around. Today The Mr. and The Teen are off to work, and I need my weekly motivation to get things accomplished around the house.
Here are the projects that are giving me a kick-start this week:
1. Even a hum-drum house can be madeover into a fabulous facade. We love Craftsman houses, if you can't tell by our own home, and are super-impressed by this before & after at Sweet Chaos.
2. Cookies are my thing, and I have a great recipe for iced sugar cookies. Blend that tastiness with the Sweet Sugarbelle's take on the ultra-hot chevron design, and we have a winner. Mmm ... I'm salivating now.
3. What's an easy way to update a boring lamp shade and give a room some pizzazz? Cover the shade with fabric! I've seen this done before, but I'm crushing on the color and pattern choices by Salvage Savvy. Since my cats wreak havoc on horizontal upholstered surfaces (chairs, sofas), I don't have many opportunities for fun fabrics. Perhaps I'll add this to my makeover list!
4. I've been thinking of gray for a future furniture makeover, and these examples by My Old Country House and Elizabeth & Co, respectively, are telling me I'm on the right track.
5. Dry erase surfaces are not only for walls! The folks at Add Some Paint were having trouble with the restained finish on top of their refurbed desk, so they tried dry erase paint after a tip from a relative. Oh ... all the notes I would write on that puppy ....
6. Who needs stencils or wallpaper? These birch trees were painted freehand! Check out the tutorial at Priss This.
Thanks for the inspiration, all! If you've been featured, please grab my new button!