Here's a wrap-up of the projects by other creative folks that are getting me motivated this week!
1. Create file storage crates out of pallets using a tutorial provided by the DIY Diva.
Someone offered pallets on our local Freecycle this week and I was hoping to get them so I could try out a pallet project, but another Freecycler must have beat me to it. Bummer.
2. Furniture reupholstery amazes and scares me. I want to try it, but I'm chicken.
Mimi at Blue Roof Cabin and Mandi at Vintage Revivals have reupholstering talents. I am jealous. Hop over to her site to see how a Bud Light carton worked into the plan, no drinking involved.
3. Need a kitchen island? Why not use a vintage dresser like Justine at You're So Martha?
And while you're at it, paint it turquoise. I dig turquoise.
4. Turn a chicken wire basket into a light fixture like The Virginia House.
5. I know teachers decorate their classrooms for the new school year, but Heather at The Lovely Cupboard welcomed her students with panache!
6. Wake up a blah work cubicle.
Paint a cabinet with a reminder not to get too stressed out, a la Stephanie at The Project Spot.
7. Nursery decor can generally be more fanciful than adult-oriented rooms.
Maybe I should have another baby so I can decorate a nursery. Or ... definitely not. I'll just live vicariously through rooms like Meg's at Never a Dull Moment. Hoot!
8. Who says plants have to go in pots?
Jacky at Small Garden Love planted a succulent in an old book. I like the idea, but I'm the person who killed a cactus in college. Yes, a cactus. The plant you rarely have to water.
People must have been busy lately with projects, because I found a lot that inspired me this week. But I must run along because we're spending the weekend at my brother's house in Franklin, TN. It's lunch time, and I like to eat.